A message from plateadosoul
So I'm trying to paint my nails, any tips since you're a great self manicurist?
Sorry I’m only now getting to this, I wanted to craft a really good answer for you! Ok!
- Take. your. time. Don’t rush, because no matter how good you get, rushing it never turns out well.
- Sit in a cooler environment - I find that if it’s too warm, the polish applies weird, and there’s a higher chance of getting lots of air bubbles.
- Roll the bottles of color in your hands, don’t shake - shaking creates more air bubbles, whereas rolling just loosens up the polish and helps it go on more smoothly.
- Try to use the least amount of strokes as you can - 3 strokes is pretty average, some colors might need 4, others 2, depending on the brush too, but try to stick to around 3.
- No more than 3 coats of polish, because if it needs 4+ coats, it’s clearly not meant to be opaque (I mean there are a few exceptions, but VERY few).
- Avoid covering the entire nail - what I mean is, you don’t want to get it on your skin, and you should leave a sliver of bare nail all the way around - trust me, it makes it look 500% better, plus it won’t chip as easily.
- Go over your nails with nail polish remover to dry them before yu paint them - when nails are too wet or moist, they expand, and then as they dry they obviously shrink, adn that’s how you get peeling & splitting. The drier your nails are, the less they have to shrink, the less they’ll split!
I hope that helps, I realize it’s kinda long, but I wanted to give a very thorough response! :)
- ilikeyourboobsgotopromwithme likes this
- ashfrem likes this
- lyrafish likes this
- sayhiku likes this
- journeytohealthandselflove likes this
- kittens-andmuscles likes this
- mauratron said:images.persephonemagazi…
- lucyquietobserver likes this
- ayabug said:Wow! That was helpful! Must remember.
- owlkinfit likes this
- when-happy-met-healthy likes this
- callmemoprah posted this